Sunday, October 21, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy

Right now I am working on a speech. It's not too bad; it's just that I have been working on this thing for days., even though it has felt like weeks. It seems like I just have so much to do and not enough time. I'm trying to balance work and fun so I won't go crazy.

After I finish this speech I have to work on my paper for English. The rough draft was a mess, and I have no idea how to fix it. I have to find a non obvious theme that is prevalent in all these articles that I picked. I can point out the obvious, but it is much harder when looking for those subtle themes that run through the essays. Hopefully, as I reread the articles for the twentieth times maybe I'll have some sort of epiphany and find a common theme.

Plus I have a paper coming up in History and in Humanities. The History paper I can deal with, the Humanities one.....not so much. I read the guidelines, and it all sounded like a bunch of gibberish to me. It is something along the lines of exploring the American theologies, ideologies, mythologies, and other ologies that I haven't heard of in these two movies that we watched. If we want an A we have to relate them to 99% of the readings that we have done this semester. All the other professors gave their students the paper topic of what they would do if the draft were reinstated. Why couldn't we have gotten that? Seriously, I have as much of a possibility of breaking the space-time continuum than writing a good, thought-provoking paper.

I did have time to see some movies this weekend. I actually made a lot of time for that. As you can see, I have my priorites in order. I saw "The Nightmare Before Christmas in 3D," "Things We Lost in the Fire," "Into the Wild," and "Elizabeth: The Golden Age." I should have mini reviews of all these films coming up. I'm trying not to write as many movie reviews on this blog because my English teacher is supposed to be reading this, and I don't want to bore him with all my thoughts on movies.

Well, I need to get back to my speech I guess. I'll probably only work on it for like another ten seconds, then I'll find something better to do with my time.

No comments: