Friday, October 5, 2007

Thoughts about Memphis and Fall Break.

I really like the University of Memphis and the people here. As of now, I definitely plan on staying here for my four years in college. My dad told my brother that he did not think that I would last a semester. He said that he believed I would end up homesick, come back home, and go to the University of Southern Mississippi. Even if I hated the campus I would at least stick it out two semesters just to prove him wrong.

With my distance from home and the recent on campus tragedy, my mom has also stated that I have to call her everday. I do not really have to say much. I just have to call, say, "Hey Mom, I'm alive," and hang up.

Next weekend, however, is fall break, and I'm going home! I could not be more excited. I have not gone home once since arriving on campus, and I am eagerly anticipating seeing my other friends again. While I am home I will be attending the New Orleans Film Festival. I went last year and cannot wait to go back. I will be seeing "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead," "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly," and "Grace is Gone."

I also am excited to see my nephew. I babysat him a lot during the summer, and we became very close. He will turn one on December 8. He is the epitome of a perfect kid.

Other random things that I want to do are go back to my high school to see some of my teachers and go to Southern Miss. I have a really good friend that goes there, and her fall break is directly after mine. I will probably also end up going to LSU where many of my friends go, but I think their fall break is the same as mine so hopefully they will be home.

No comments: