Monday, January 7, 2008

DGA Predictions

I want to briefly offer my predictions for the DGA announcement. I expect 4/5 of the films I chose to go on to be nominated for Best Picture. I really want to put Jason Reitman in the 5, but I do not know who to remove. I think "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly" is the film that will most likely miss out on a Best Picture nomination and be replaced by "Juno." With there being no clear frontrunner, I think that "Juno," with its all its critical praise and commercial success, could go on and surprisingly win Best Picture at the Oscars this year.

1. Joel and Ethan Coen, No Country for Old Men
2. Paul Thomas Anderson, There Will Be Blood
3. Sean Penn, Into the Wild
4. Julian Schnabel, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
5. Joe Wright, Atonement

Alts:
Jason Reitman, Juno
Tim Burton, Sweeney Todd
Andrew Dominik, The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

No comments: