Thursday, January 3, 2008

Who Will Win?

I have not been following the Oscars for that long, maybe 7 years, but this has to be the most exciting one as of yet. This year has been totally unpredictable, something that is really exciting for me. I am eager to see how things play out. I haven't posted in awhile, but I want to have my top 10 list up soon. I still have to see "There Will Be Blood," "The Savages," and "The Orphanage." I would like to see "4 Months, 3 Weeks, and 2 Days" before I make my list but that does not seem likely. I will likely post my list after I see "Starting Out in The Evening," which is slated to open in Memphis on the 25th. I know I am a lot slower than most of your seasoned prognosticators, but they receive screeners and such. Hopefully if people start reading this blog, maybe something good will come of it. Also, the weekend before the Oscars I will post my own personal awards. I want some time to rewatch a couple of films before I choose my definite 5. Anyways, the purpose of this post is for me to predict the winners at this year's Academy Awards. If I am close, someone please alert the media so that maybe this crappy blog can gain some attention.

Best Picture: "No Country for Old Men"
Best Director: Paul Thomas Anderson, "There Will Be Blood"
Best Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis, "There Will Be Blood"
Best Actress: Ellen Page, "Juno"
Best Supporting Actor: Casey Affleck, "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford"
Best Supporting Actress: Catherine Keener, "Into the Wild"
Best Adapted Screenplay: "No Country for Old Men"
Best Original Screenplay: "Juno"
Best Art Direction: "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street"
Best Cinematography: "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford"
Best Costume Design: "Atonement"
Best Film Editing: "There Will Be Blood"
Best Makeup: "Hairspray"
Best Music - Original Score: "Atonement"
Best Music - Original Song: "Once"
Best Sound: "Transformers"
Best Sound Editing: "Transformers"
Best Visual Effects: "Transformers"
Best Animated Feature: "Perespolis"
Best Foreign Language Film: "4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days"

No comments: