Thursday, November 8, 2007

Weekend

Tomorrow is Friday! This weekend has seemed like an eternity, and I am glad that it is finally coming to an end. Tomorrow, I am driving to Tupelo because my sister is getting married on Saturday. I am not too big on weddings, but I do not think it will be that bad.

I feel kind of bad because I am not even staying for the reception. Saturday is also the Memphis at Southern Mississippi football game. I have a few friends that go to Southern Miss, so I am going to go. I almost went to Southern Miss myself, and the campus and people are cool. The football team will probably lose, but hopefully they will surprise me. I am glad that I get the opportunity to see my friends though. I have met a lot of cool people in Memphis, but I miss my friends from high school.

Hopefully, it won't take me too long to get there. Mapquest said that the trip from Tupelo to Hattiesburg is around four hours. I can't speed becaue I got a ticket last time I drove through Mississippi. It was my first ticket so I can take a defensive driving course in Mississippi, and the ticket will not even show up on my record. That's better than paying the ticket. I was doing 94 in a 70, and if I paid the ticket it would be $172.

Sunday, I will probably try to leave early. I feel like I have so much schoolwork. I think the learning community is good, but it is a lot of work. I also have assignments in my two classes outside of the learning community. Th work just never seems to stop. My adviser is also trying to get me to take 19 hours next semester. That sounds crazy, like too much, but I am actually thinking about doing it. It would be the same number of classes, except I would have a class and a lab, instead of having a two hour class this semester. I think I am going to try it out, and if it doesn't work just drop a class.

Well, I need to get back to catching up with the never ending supply of work that I have.

No comments: