Thursday, September 27, 2007

Random Happenings.

I haven't really posted in awhile, but I need one more post this week to meet Mr. Duncan's quota. Here is what has been going on in my life. I was going home this weekend, but now I'm not. My parents didn't think I should waste the gas money. I'm hopefully going to order my Mac this weekend; I'm pretty excited.

I also want to go see two movies this weekend. I didn't get a chance to see "Eastern Promises" last weekend so I'm going to go this weekend. Also, test screenings for "The Kingdom" have been surprisingly good, so I'm going to try to go see that. One thing that I am really mad about is I have really been looking forward to seeing "Across the Universe," but it is still not playing here. It seems like I have been waiting forever to see this film. I don't see how a film, "In the Valley of Elah," who is doing worse than "Across the Universe," could get two screens at my local independent theatre and "Across the Universe" can't even manage one.

Saturday I am going to order tickets for the New Orleans Film Festival. I only plan on seeing three films this year: "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead," "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly," and "Grace is Gone." I went last year and had a great time; I expect to do the same this year.

Also, to keep everyone up to date, that is if anyone even reads my posts, I'm going to try to have a regular Oscar column. I want to keep a chart on the side with a list of my predictions, and I will do that once I find out how. I just have to find the time to figure it out.

No comments: